When you are mentally fit, you spend more time feeling:
- Less stress and anxiety
- Present and connected to those in your life
- Energized and focused
- Eager to pursue new challenges and interests
- Able to resolve challenging life circumstances without being overwhelmed by them.
Growing your mental fitness is proven to help you:
- Experience greater well-being
- Enjoy healthier relationships
- Be more effective and perform at your highest levels
While building mental fitness doesn’t include lifting weights, it is about achieving a strong capacity for wellbeing – cultivating a keen awareness of how we feel, think and behave.
Mental fitness can be defined as having the skills and practices to improve and sustain your state of wellbeing and perform at your best. It involves developing core psychological resources and becoming aware of how you think, behave and feel.
Mental fitness benefits:
- Improved cognitive agility. Mental fitness develops better focus, processing speed, memory, concentration, time management, and communication.
- Better conflict resolution. Those that are mentally fit can control their reactions and respond more rationally. This results in better relationships and higher self-esteem.
- Higher optimism. Mental fitness improves awareness of thought patterns. Developing this meta-cognition leads to more positive feelings and higher self-compassion.
- More confidence. Mentally fit individuals focus on their strengths and opportunities to learn new skills – developing a growth mindset. This builds the belief in yourself and your ability to accomplish stated goals.
- Increased flow. Staying in the moment, combined with improved creativity. More time spent in flow is associated with higher productivity and more energy.
- Better quality sleep. Just like physical fitness, mental fitness contributes to improved sleep quality.
How does this resonate with you?
How would your life improve in any of the areas of mental fitness?
Curious to know more? I would love to share the building process with you. DM to learn more